Friday, August 3, 2012

The Social Network



Re-posted from Facebook, August 3rd, 2012

I'm two years behind the curve, but I finally saw _The Social Network_. It's pretty much a hit job on Zuckerberg, and Aaron Sorkin himself admits that truth was not a priority for him when he was writing the movie. 

Still, the fact that Zuckerberg is a genius, and a genius with consequences at that, cann
ot be denied or even avoided. The lawsuits against him as portrayed in the film may or may have had any merit in real life, but it's hard to say as there is so much information kept undisclosed. Either way, I am nonetheless inspired by a punk kid in college in 2003 who not only came up with an idea for something, but had the means and ability to make it happen and make it real. That is very rare.

I am not a computer programmer, and my life is actually better the less time I spend on Facebook, because I prefer to live life, not spend it on the internet reading about everyone else's life. But I do hope that if and when I get my big idea, whatever that may be, I will have the skill and conviction to see it through and that it's even one percent as successful. $14B x .01 = $140M. Yeah. I'd take that.

No comments: