Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Didn't Buy an Android To Look at Your Crappy Mobile Page

Yes, thank you XKCD.  I've been meaning to write this rant for some time now but you encapsulated my feelings in nerdy webcomic form perfectly, just as you always do.

And if you hover over the image on the XKCD page for a second, you get this:
""If I click 'no', I've probably given up on everything, so don't bother taking me to the page I was trying to go to. Just drop me on the homepage. Thanks."

Yeah.  Thanks indeed, webmaster-with-a-soul-filled-with-hate.  I appreciate that.

What the heck is up with this?  Why do web page designers insist on updating, managing, and maintaining not one, but two webpages, one of which is completely useless? Why do some even go to further depths of stupidity and not only maintain two websites, but a crappy mobile app that they offer for download every time you visit that is equally useless, if not more?   I'm looking at you, IMDB.com.  Get a clue.  Or should I say m.IMDB.com?  Bleh.

Another heinous offender is LinkedIn.  Not being able to settle some frivolous disagreement with your buddies about who starred in what movie using IMDB is one thing, but LinkedIn is actually something that has a practical purpose, yet I CANNOT GO THERE USING MY TABLET!  Why?  Because when I do, I get their crappy mobile site, and even when I click on "Use Desktop Site" and try to surf anywhere else other than the homepage, it takes me where?  Right back to the crappy mobile site.  It cannot be disabled.

I have a tablet with a huge screen.  I don't need your stupid, non-functional mobile site.

Please.  The humanity.  It's got to stop.


No comments: